The Pumpkin Patch: 30 in 3 years        
 
           
         
     
     
       
     
     
       

Sunday, February 26, 2012

30 in 3 years

Hard working and working hard!

Aside from teaching and testing, I've also had an amazing Mardi Gras season and birthday to tuck under my belt in these past few weeks.  But I have been thinking hard on my next post.

 Ok.....thats a lie. 

I have actually been spending a disgusting amount of time on Pinterest and in Joanns buying craft supplies.  Lucky for you all, a good friend recently threw an idea my way that I just had to steal.....um....borrow!  Because of her recent realization that this year puts her one step closer to the dreaded 3-0, she decided to build her 30 before 30 list.  It holds some things she would like to revisit and others she would like to experience for the first time.  Looking over her list I began to go back to all those "I'm going to do that one day" moments. 

I think some of my favorite promises in life begin with that simple phrase, "One day I will...."  But life has quickly shown me that one day is to short and to many of my moments I hope to have also rely on having some wonderful people around me. 
So here is what I have built as my own 30 before i'm 30.

30. Ride a cable car in San Fransico
29. Find more lost treasures up the other part of Route 66
28. Shower in a waterfall
27. Parasail
26. See the beauty of Ansel Adam's Yosemite National Park, up close and personal.
25. Spend an entire day, 12 full hours, doing nothing but reading a book.
24. Be in another musical.
23. Line Dance- just once, get it out of my system, just enough to embarrass myself
22. Take down my family's history and memories in their own words, before I regret not taking the time to.
21. Disneyland!
20. Spend at least a day a week during my summer off, reading to kids at Sacred Heart.
19. Grow as a Photographer and make time for it again.
18. Scan and save all the photos of my grandparents and great grandparents.
17. Dive into a cruise buffet!
16. Give up a holiday to serve food at the mission.
15. Visit the snow in Colorado
14. Climb another mountain, hopefully not in flip flops this time.
13. Visit the Florida Keys.
12. Drive coast to coast.
11. Give more then I get, Find a charitable group to volunteer my time too.
10. Visit the Smithsonian
9. Ride on a train.
8. Get remarried in the cheesiest Vegas wedding possible! Think tall hair and powder blue tuxedos.
7. Ride a mechanical bull.
6. Visit Savannah, GA
5. Experience the Grand Canyon
4. Stay at a cabin in the Smokey Mountains
3. Learn how to make my nannies lady finger cookies.
2. Spend an entire day watching the classics.
1. Share the gifts and memories of my childhood with my own child.  Look at places I have spent my whole life loving through their eyes!


As I take on this list I hope to also take on the world.  I don't want the regrets that follow that phrase "One day I will...."  I don't want to look back one day and make excuses for missing out when the only reason would be that I never tried. And through this project I want to grow as a person, as a daughter, as a grand daughter, and as an adventurer. 


Fingers Crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment